Monday 21 December 2015

Old Man Jind #1

Hopefully yet another weekly post from Jind Singh!

Season's Greetings & welcome to today's word with Old Man Jind!
"Painting models is painful, while I love the concept painted models the act of painting is a royal pain. ...I'm not fast, not the best technically, and frankly painting is akin to physical suffering!"
Yet Old Man Jind cranked out a 1,000pt army of Erebor in just over 2 weeks! The same person who’s not painted an entire army in 28 years of table top gaming!
We asked him what had finally changed after 28 years of playing with UNPAINTED MINATURES! Here were his top 3 answers…

1) GET OVER IT! I had to accept that in order to paint every model to the standard that I had set myself would mean…no army would ever be painted! I had to be happy with what I had done, and believe me when you see an entire army painted, no matter to what skill level, it’s about as good an accomplishment a hobbyist can ask for!

2) Challenge Accepted! Nothing is better than healthy pressure, this could be an upcoming event or a friendly bet, anything that gets you motivated! I bet my mate on weekly painting targets, if we succeeded we’d buy ourselves a treat (a character in our case). If we FAILED our target we ALSO had to buy our mate his treat! I like my mate, but not enough to buy him a model outside his birthday/xmas!

3) Break it down! Nothing kills more than hobby burn out - stick to a small target; say 30 minutes, of hobby time 2-4 times a week at most. You'll be amazed in how much you can accomplish! If anything you’re more productive as you keep focused and try to squeeze out as much as you can in that short period of time.

And at the end of the day when I look at my army it brings me an unique of joy – almost as joyful as when I saw my baby being born!

So if Old Man Jind can do it we all think that you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment